Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas ornaments

I know, I know.  It's been a while.  I haven't been crafting much and I'm struggling to get into a holiday mood this year.  It seems to have come up SO fast and the weather is SO not conducive and I have SO much to do this year that I've been in a bit of a funk.  All that aside, here's a project that I undertook that took on a life of its own for a while.  I love love LOVE the ornament on the front of Stampin' Up's fall/winter mini and I HAD to have it all when the stamps and dies were on special.  I knew I didn't NEED them but I HAD to have them.  I started out by making two ornaments just to see how it would go.  Then I decided that these would be gifts for friends of ours and we'd give one to each of our relatives that we do gifts with.  Come to think of it, I need one more for other friends if we're to keep one for ourselves.  UGH.

I made the all blue one (without tulle) and the one from the catty front (the classic pine/cranberry one) to start.  Then I cut out ~280 pieces to make the other 7.  I stamped the images one morning, spent a few hours in front of the TV with my Big Shot cutting them out, scored them in the car on our 6hr drive to Thanksgiving, glued them together at my mom's house with my aunt handing me the pieces, bought the tulle at the local JoAnn's Etc. there (I WISH we had one of those here!!), and glued the tulle on during the 6hr return trip.  I finished up the center bits here at home.  Needless to say, they are TIME CONSUMING but if you've got time to kill (like a car ride), it's a project with a great end result.



Challenges: 
Shopping our Stash: Christmas (while a lot of this was new, the inks I used have DEFINITELY been around a while- the blue w/out tulle was the first ink pad I bought back in... 2003? and the papers for the rosettes is not new by any stretch.)
Top Tip Tuesday: Christmas
 

9 comments:

  1. Wow, these are gorgeous. I love all the different ways you've made it. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Stunning!!! Well worth the hard work Jen...these are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, now these are absolutely stunning! Wow, wow, wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy guacamole! These are awesome, but I just can't imagine doing seven of them! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful. They are so colourful. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous! I love them - and I love using car trips to get crafty stuff finished. Works a charm!! Thank you so much for joining us at Shopping our Stash this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh holy ♥WOW♥ that really was A LOT of work, but the amazing results make every single step of this project soooooooooo totally awesomely worthwhile! love♥LOVE♥love your gorgeous and colorful ornaments, these will be treasured by all the lucky recipients! thanks for sharing them with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow - you are amazing! These are gorgeous! How on earth did you get all of them done? What lovely gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are fantastic, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete